Natural Remedies to Cure Prostate Enlargement
Prostate enlargement is a common problem in men, it occurs because of aging. This gland is found in men and the main role of this gland is to produce semen. An enlarged prostate can cause various symptoms such as urinary incontinence and increase in urinary frequency. If your enlarged prostate is at a later stage, then you might consider to get prostate enlargement surgery and visit a urologist. This article will tell you about the remedies to cure prostate enlargement.
What is an enlarged prostate?
The prostate gland's main function is to produce the fluid which is needed to carry sperm during ejaculation process. This gland surrounds the urethra, which is a tube via which urine comes out of our body. Over time, this condition can cause prostate muscles to become stronger, thicker. The bladder may begin to contract even if there is a small amount of urine, which causes an urge to urinate more than normal. Incomplete emptying of bladder puts the affected individual at increased risk of developing urinary tract infections. There are some natural remedies which helps in dealing with an enlarged prostate. They are given below:
- Saw palmetto: Take 200 mg of saw palmetto supplement which is divided into 2 doses. You should consult your doctor before doing anything. You can take this supplement daily for 4-6 weeks. Saw palmetto dissolved in supercritical CO2 was able to inhibit the enzyme which is linked to BPH.
- Pygeum: You will require 50 mg of pygeum supplement. Take this amount of pygeum after consulting your doctor. You can do this only for 6-8 weeks. Pygeum is also useful option in alleviating the symptoms of BPH.
- Ryegrass pollen extract: You should take ryegrass supplement daily. Take this supplement as told by your doctor. Ryegrass pollen is one the phytotherapeutic agents which is used to manage the symptoms of enlarged prostate.
- Stinging nettle root: Take 1-2 teaspoons of nettle root and 1 cup of water. Add one or two teaspoons of stinging nettle root to a cup of water. Now boil it in a saucepan, simmer for 5 minutes and strain, drink the tea. You should drink this 1-2 times daily. Nettle root has anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory properties. These properties were help to found to help in managing the symptoms of prostate enlargement.
- Pumpkin seeds: You will require 100 mg of pumpkin seeds. Now consume few amounts of pumpkin seeds daily, you can either eat dried seeds and you can add them your favourite dishes. Pumpkin seeds are able to improve the overall quality of men which are affected by prostate enlargement.
- Green tea: You will need 1 teaspoon of green tea and 1 cup of hot water. Now add a teaspoon of green tea into hot water and leave it for 2-3 minutes. Drink green tea. You can take green tea 1-2 times a day. Green tea can relieve lower urinary tract symptoms and can aid the treatment of prostate enlargement.
- Kegel exercises: Kegel exercises helps to strengthen the muscles of the pelvic region. These exercises can involve clenching your bladder for a few seconds as if you are looking to stop the urine flow and then releasing the clench. Men suffering from prostate enlargement may benefit from kegel exercises as they help to manage in urinary tract symptoms.
Here are some diet tips to manage prostate enlargement
What to have
A diet should be rich in vegetables, healthy fats and fruits which make help in protecting your prostate gland. Some foods which may benefit prostate health include:
- Salmon: This is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and can help to reduce the inflammation which is caused by BPH in the body.
- Tomatoes and berries: These fruits are rich in antioxidants which can help to get rid of free radicals within the body caused by oxidative stress.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin may alleviate the symptoms of an enlarged prostate and it can be used as anti-BPH agent. Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C.
What not to have
- Overconsumption of foods that have a high zinc concentration like nuts and shellfish
- Dairy products
While dietary changes can help in relieving symptoms of an enlarged prostate. But making some modifications to your lifestyle may also help in preventing the progression of symptoms.
What are the prevention tips of enlarged prostate?
- Manage your stress levels
- Quit smoking
- Increase the intake of fluid in your diet in the evening
- Try and empty your bladder completely while urinating
- Avoid consuming medications which can worsen symptoms such as diuretics, etc
- Limit fluid intake to no more than 2 litres per day
A combination of home remedies and tips can help to alleviate the symptoms of enlarged prostate. It’s recommended to consult a doctor before going ahead with supplements.