Best Equipment Free Workouts to Build Muscle
Who says one needs a gym membership or workout equipment to build muscles effectively? The truth is that bodyweight exercises are equally effective in achieving the desired muscle strength. No matter whether you are super busy or just hate the feeling of dealing with the gym, equipment free exercises combined with the supplement for muscle growthwill do the trick.
To help you challenge your muscles using your own body weight, we have come up with a quick workout. Whether you want to kick off a great cardio routine or need to strengthen your arms, legs, butt and other body parts, our no-equipment exercises will surely help you build muscle in no time:
- Squat Jumps: Squat jumps are one of the best muscle-building exercises that effectively target the inner thighs, glutes, butt, and even calves. They are high-impact exercises and help achieve great results with a few sets. To perform them, you need to:
- Form a squat position with bent arms and folded hands.
- Explode up into a jump once you land on the ground.
- Squat down again as you reach the ground and repeat.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps.
- Pushups: Pushups are another set of the most effective bodyweight exercises out there. They will not just target your triceps and chest but will also work on your core muscles. To do pushups, follow the steps given below:
- Start in a plank position with your neck neutral, pelvis tucked in, and hands and wrists stacked flat under the shoulders.
- While keeping your back flat and core engaged, inhale and lower your chest down to the floor by bending your arms.
- Exhale and push back up to the original position.
- Perform 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
- Superman Punch: Amazing, unique, and effective, superman punch help build the strength of your shoulders and back. Plus, they are super easy to perform.
- Lie on the ground keeping your head down and arms extended overhead by the ears.
- While squeezing your butt, lift up your legs, chest, and arms off the ground.
- Pull your elbows straight and punch overhead while keeping the legs and arms off the ground.
- Repeat for 3-5 sets of this punching motion.
- Tricep Dips: Tricep dip is a great exercise to tone the back of your arms where you carry extra weight. Well, you don’t need weights or a dip machine to do this exercise.
- Sit at the edge of a bench or chair while keeping knuckles pointing forward and placing the hands over the edge of the bench/chair.
- Make sure your shoulders are down and your legs bent at a 90-degree position.
- Slowly lower your butt toward the ground and bent your elbows in such a way that they form a 90-degree angle.
- Pause for a few seconds and return to the starting position while keeping the pressure on your hands.
- Repeat for 2 sets of 10-12 reps.
- Glute Bridge: Glute bridges are super effective for activating your tightened glutes. Incorporating these exercises in your daily workout will challenge your glutes and engaged them in a way they're supposed to.
- Lie flat on the ground with your back hitting the ground, knees bent, hand on the sides, and feet flat.
- Raise your butt a few inches off the ground while squeezing your glutes, Make sure your shoulders and knees are in the straight line.
- Pause and then slowly lower your butt to return to the original position.
- Do total of 30 reps.